Robinsons Supermarket and Unilever Philippines Give ‘Bags of Hope’ to World Vision Kids

Posted on May 30 2016 - 8:30am by Lanie

Nearly one-third of Filipino children are deprived of health care, safe water, clean toilet facilities, decent shelter, nutritious food and education. And almost 4-million Filipino children are classified as out-of-school youth. Numerous reasons contributed to this prevalent problem like insufficient family income, child labor, teen marriage, illness, disability, inaccessibility to schools and high cost of education. Consequently, these factors inhibit the proper learning, development and value information of a child.

Bags of Hope JPGWith this, Robinsons Supermarket, Unilever Philippines and World Vision united together and launched the “Bags of Hope” campaign – which aims to help World Vision Kids with their education and their future.

One may be a committed donor through buying the Bags of Hope pack. One can choose from purchasing 470ml Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, Ham or Bacon spreads. Purchase will automatically entitle one to receive a “collectible school bag” which comes in four designs while concurrently giving out school supplies as donations for World Vision Kids to support their education.

BoH press releaseLet us intervene and protect the children from further harm. Let us take them away from the streets, dumpsites, quarries, farmlands and construction sites. Let us bring them back to school. And let us all share the Bags of Hope to give a child a chance in life.

12 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Michi2016/06/07 at 12:24 am - Reply

It is good to know that there are more groups who are willing to help kids. Bags of Hope is a nice project, but my son always supports the NBS Project Aral Kit for P25 only.

2. Coi2016/06/08 at 12:48 am - Reply

It’s nice that we’re able to help the WV Kids in this simple way. I, too, am sponsoring a child in WV and it really feels good to know that I’m able to help in that simple gesture 🙂

3. berlin maynigo2016/06/08 at 7:28 am - Reply

As much as we can, we try to support this kind of act and other CSR programs as its the only way we could give much as of the moment. My husband and I dream of having a house for street kids where they could sleep and eat for the night. Perhaps in the future we could have that dream.

4. Maria Teresa Figuerres2016/06/08 at 7:29 am - Reply

What a laudable advocacy from Robinsons Supermarket, Unilever Philippines and World Vision! I hope a lot of people will support this campaign.

5. Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy2016/06/08 at 8:39 am - Reply

We’re Lady’s Choice mayo users. I’ll check this out the next time I buy mayo. 🙂 Helping the less fortunate is really a great endeavor that hopefully all big companies do.

6. Jerzee Benavente2016/06/08 at 12:05 pm - Reply

That’s good to know that there are groups that also support this kind of work. Helping the less fortunate especially the kids gives hope to the future of our nation and the world. I will take note of this so I can grab a Lady’s Choice product next time.

7. Juvy Ann2016/06/08 at 1:58 pm - Reply

This is a wonderful program and I hope many will support it. Kudos to Robinsons Supermarket and Unilever for this initiative.

8. Denice2016/06/09 at 6:56 pm - Reply

This simple gesture will help out a lot of kids! Great to hear thay Unilever is helping out kids and that we can help.out by simply buying Lady’s Choice.

9. Mhaan A2016/06/13 at 6:24 am - Reply

It is nice to know that there are campaigns like this to support kids in providing their school supplies. Good job!

10. Mommy Levy2016/06/18 at 7:33 am - Reply

Kudos to Unilever and Robinsons for doing this.

11. Anibal2016/10/06 at 7:57 am - Reply

Feel free to surf to my web-site best place
    to buy engagement rings online – Anibal,

12. binary today 52017/10/22 at 10:49 pm - Reply

This is the perfect website for everyone who really wants to find out about this topic.
    You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really will need to?HaHa).
    You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject which has been discussed for a
    long time. Great stuff, just excellent!

Leave A Response