Hanabishi Stainless Steel Electric Oven – A User And Kitchen-Friendly Oven

Posted on Jun 8 2016 - 5:58am by Lanie

Hanabishi Electric OvenNine out of ten mommies like me will never miss including an electronic oven in their wish list and that’s because of the joy you get from baking. Not only you make yourself proud of being able to cook your own cakes and cookies, you also make your family excited to get a taste every time the delicious smell from the oven comes out.

Now why choose an electric oven? Electric ovens provide a steady heat for an even cooking that turns muffins to golden-brown. Unlike standard gas ovens, you don’t get a steady temperature and could cause undesirable burning if not closely monitored. Electric ovens has less intense heat because of the electric coils that warms up until it reaches full temperature and starts releasing heat.

HEO-30PSSHere is our review of Hanabishi’s Electric Oven with model number HEO-30PSS.

First Impression:

When we first saw the HEO-30PSS, we knew this model would be tough because it’s made of stainless steel. This kind of material does not easily rust and food stains can be easily wiped out by a cleaning cloth. The size of the glass door is big enough to see the food inside so you can have a better control of the baking process. This oven weighs 8.2 kg. and measures 20″ x 16″ 13″.

Product Features:

Hanabishi Convecton OvenThe HEO-30PSS is an electric oven with a convection function. A convection oven means it has a fan that circulates air to keep the temperature more steady. This also mean that you get a more even and 25% faster cooking than a conventional oven.

Not all foods like bread and cookies are better with the convection function because it must be baked in a humid environment whereas the fan could dry out the oven quickly.

The HEO-30PSS has 5 heat operation switches which are the:

• Upper + Lower + Convection
  • Upper + Convection
  • Upper + Lower
  • Upper + Rotisserie
  • Upper + Lower + Rotisserie + Convection

Temperature can be set from 100 to 250 degrees and timer up to 60 minutes with bell alarm. You can cook roasted half chicken, steak, cake, toast, fish, ham, hamburger and other oven-cooked foods.

Hanabishi OvenThe trays can be adjusted up to 4 different positions where you can adjust accordingly to the type of food like chicken or cake. The oven accessories included are food tray, baking net, rotisserie fork and handles.

The Banana Cake Experience:

We are about to bake a banana cake into the HEO-30PSS electric oven. My daughter mixed all the ingredients and when done, we put it in a rectangular glass.

Hanabishi BakingWe set the timer to 25 minutes with temperature of 175 degrees. The heat operation switch was set to Upper + Lower. There’s a bulb inside covered with a glass that lights up during the cooking process.

The unit does not emit too much heat on the outside and you can touch the door handle while cooking but wearing baking gloves are advisable.

After 25 minutes, the bell finally rang. We stick a toothpick on the banana cake to check if it comes out clean.

Banana Cake BakingTook the banana cake out of the glass and waited for it to cool before the taste test. The outer parts of the cake are golden-brown which looks promising.

Banana Cake BakeThen comes the moment, the taste test. Initial reaction: “Sarrapp!” It brings out the flavor of banana with the right amount of softness. Too bad the cake did not last too long because my family ate it all while it was hot.

Final Thoughts:

Hanabishi’s HEO-30PSS electric oven comes out neat in this review. We didn’t encounter any problem during the baking process. The cake was accomplished correctly according to instruction of the cake mix which was made possible by this product. Cleaning the tray was easy using a wet cloth. Since it’s made of stainless steel, you won’t worry much on it being corroded for a very long time.

The box says it has 6 stages of heating but the actual unit has only 5 options. Not sure if we missed something here.

If you should ask why choose this product, the answer is it’s because a user-friendly and kitchen-friendly oven for a reasonable price (not more than P4,000). It’s also a Hanabishi. They have been receiving awards since 2011 for Consumer’s Choice and for Outstanding Kitchen Appliance Brand.

32 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. May Palacpac2016/06/08 at 11:08 am - Reply

I clicked right away when I saw the Oven, haha! So nice. I actually have one here that’s just about the same size but it’s a different brand. Since baking is one of my most favorite things to do, I’m always on a lookout for good ovens. Malay mo, bibili na pala ako ulit, heehee.

2. Gene2016/06/08 at 12:08 pm - Reply

This looks promising. We have a Hanabishi induction cooker and we love it. Looking forward to having this one at home. Hindi ba siya magastos sa kuryente?

3. Jerzee Benavente2016/06/13 at 5:46 am - Reply

Oh wow! The banana cake was baked perfectly! The stainless steel frame is such a plus as rust usually eats up most ovens. I’d love to have this in my kitchen also.

4. Richelle Molon2016/06/13 at 2:16 pm - Reply

Greatest! I’m on a lookout for an electric oven for my sister who’s starting to love baking. Thanks for sharing!

5. Berlin2016/06/14 at 2:56 am - Reply

Would want to own one as our oven isnt working na after the ondoy. We still do not have budget to buy a gas stove with oven so might as well consider this electic oven instead. My boys would surely be happy again eating and munching baked goodies. Lately, i only prepare refrigerated cakes and no bake cakes.

6. Janice2016/06/14 at 5:02 am - Reply

The only “oven” we have at home is a microwave. Haha! That’s because we lack space for a real one. But I think if it’s an electric oven like this one we can find space for it in our kitchen. I really want to experience baking at home with our kids.

7. Nilyn Matugas2016/06/14 at 5:35 pm - Reply

I have a few Hanabishi kitchen products. This is a great product for me to try, I’ll save money for this, I always thought ovens are super expensive. lol.

8. Liz2016/06/14 at 6:42 pm - Reply

I have a different brand of convection oven the same size as this one though Hanabishi’s looks slimmer than the one I have (which is quite bulky). I would recommend this at my Mom’s place if in case they decide to get one. 🙂

9. Denice2016/06/15 at 12:36 am - Reply

Good investment and I agree pag stainless mas durable sya. The banana cake looks.superb and shows na okay yung oven kasi okay yung turn out.

10. Maan2016/06/15 at 8:41 am - Reply

I was just looking for an electric oven! I’m glad to have come across this review. I will look for this model nga. Thanks!

11. Neri Ann2016/06/15 at 9:06 am - Reply

I have a convection oven from a different brand. But this looks promising too and the outcome of the banana cake looks really good and yummy!

12. Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy2016/06/16 at 6:02 am - Reply

We do have an oven here but of a different brand. I’d look into this when we need a replacement. That banana bread looks yum! I really have to try my hand with baking.

13. Angel Enero2016/06/16 at 12:38 pm - Reply

Been wanting to ticked off baking on my bucket list, will check on this! Nagutom ako sa banana bread… hehe!

14. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen2016/06/17 at 3:28 am - Reply

That Hanabishi oven looks really nice! Will keep it in mind.

15. Mhaan A2016/06/18 at 1:40 am - Reply

I love how the banana cake turns out and that looks delicious!

16. Edel2016/06/20 at 6:36 am - Reply

Hanabishi is a nice brand. That oven looks nice. And I think the price is reasonable.

17. joselyn gomez2016/06/29 at 3:23 am - Reply

Pwede po bang mag bake Ng cake jan

• Lanie2016/07/01 at 3:32 am - Reply

Yes Joselyn, this is perfect for baking!

18. joy2016/07/24 at 11:22 am - Reply

Ano po pag kakaiba ng 45L ss at 45L
    pss

19. Alma2016/08/12 at 12:22 am - Reply

Hi there! Would like to know if this oven can fit a 9″x13″ pan? I have the 18-liter Imarflex, and been looking for a bigger oven for quite sometime as the Imarflex tray is just around 11″x11″. Thanks for your reply.

20. little_mymy2016/08/25 at 6:08 pm - Reply

Hi! My husband bought me the same unit. Pano po pag nasa baking instructions 350 degrees (like the simple choc chip cookie recipe i’ve watched in youtube), eh di ba po up to 250 degrees lang sya? So yung oven po natin hanggang pang 250deg lang na recipe???

• Lhany2016/12/03 at 12:28 am - Reply

Kung 350 degrees sya I think nasa Fahrenheit po yun yan po eh celcius so I convert nyo sa celcius para maitugma sa baking temp so 180 celcius po ang gamitin ninyong temp nya☺

21. Ronalyn A. Hullana2016/08/31 at 5:59 am - Reply

Hi! My husband gave me the same unit(45L.) as a gift last week..i liked and i loved it kasi maganda talaga

22. wendy2016/09/01 at 2:10 am - Reply

where did you buy this one mam, I saw and the price is 5000+? it really looks nice and wanted to have one soon. thanks for your review.

23. Lita Vicquerra2016/09/05 at 4:26 am - Reply

Hello. May I ask po kung magbabake ba ako for example ng sponge cake or chiffon cale, kelangan ba i-on lahat upper, lower, rottisserie, and convection? How about lasagna? I just bought one yesterday and kulang yung instruction sa manual. I’m a newbie in terms of baking so I am not really familiar pa how to use this oven. Please reply thank you so much. God bless

• Lhany2016/12/03 at 12:29 am - Reply

Upper and lower convection lang po gagamitin ninyo☺

24. Asha2016/11/09 at 1:04 pm - Reply

Wow! The style looks really nice lalo na stainless steel pala siya. Nag canvas kami kanina sa SM Appliance and wala silang ganito. Iba style niya. What I heard from the sales staff na nag accomodate samin dun sa convection na 32L (which currently out of stock) hindi daw siya kaya ng makapalan na cake? Is it true? Yun nga din yung narecommend nya since mabenta siya for just around 2k dahil on-sale daw.

25. Fely C.2016/11/20 at 3:31 pm - Reply

i will consider to add this model of Hanabishi convention oven on my list.. looks to be a wise choice

26. Lhany2016/12/03 at 12:25 am - Reply

Hi any advice po how to clean the oven?tapos po yun anak ko kanina hindi nya sinasadyang naihulog yun pinainit nyang turon nadikit sa may rod heat nya at umusok gawa nun mantika magco-cause po ba ng pagkasira na sa rod nya?

27. Joyce Talain2016/12/23 at 2:58 pm - Reply

Hello. I was wondering kung san nyo po sya nabili. I saw the same oven sa sm, pero they are selling this same product for 4,699. I opted not to buy kasi here po you said that this only costs less than 4000. San nyo po sya nabili? 🙂

28. Bryan Baure2017/05/13 at 3:38 am - Reply

Hi, would like to know if un timer dapat automatically bumabalik sa 0 after mo sya iset lets say s 30 mins? Kasi un timer ng steady lang sya s 30mins eh.. thanks in advance..

• Lanie2017/05/16 at 10:14 am - Reply

Yes, in our experience, the timer sets back to 0.

Leave A Response