MUSTELA’S REBIRTH: THE REFORMULATION OF THE MUSTELA BEBE LINE
Baby’s skincare will never be the same… Mustela, the expert on baby’s skin for 64 years, has launched an ambitious fundamental research program to advance knowledge about infants’ skin, from birth on. The Mustela researchers at Expanscience Laboratories have now discovered that a newborn’s skin contains a rich cellular resource: a reserve of stem cells at its highest potential at birth, yet remains extremely vulnerable during the first few years of life, while the cutaneous barrier is being built. These cellular resources, are vulnerable, yet constitute the vital resources of baby’s skin and are needed for a lifetime. This is from 10 years of research; resulting to 6 patents filed; with 15 scientific publications, including one in the British Journal of Dermatology (journal with the 3rd ranked circulation in the world among dermatologists).
Using a patented new approach, research on the skin’s barrier function conducted for the first time on infants’ skin starting from birth, has revealed that it takes several years for the skin barrier to reach maturity. During this time, cell structures organize themselves in order to perform their protective role. While it is still being formed, the skin barrier is particularly vulnerable to daily stresses. As a result, this fragility prevents it from effectively protecting the precious vital resource present in babies’ skin.
AVOCADO PERSEOSE– the new active ingredient of MustelaBebe and Mustela Sun Protection products. To make baby’s skin less vulnerable while protecting this unsuspected wealth of stem cells, the Mustela scientific team at Expanscience Laboratories found that this active ingredient is capable of both supporting the development of the barrier function and, even more importantly, protecting the reserve of cells against day-to-day stresses. Safely preserved, this cellular resource can continue to play its role of restoring and maintaining the overall balance in the skin throughout life.
Avocado Perseose® acts both: • On the barrier function: it stimulates the production of the barrier’s key elements to promote its development and function. •
On the reserve of cells: a true ally for infants’ skin, Avocado Perseose® acts as a shield against external stresses, directly protecting the original cells. This protects the skin’s cellular reserve.
Mustela®: The flagship brand of LaboratoiresExpanscience Since its creation in 1950, Laboratoires Expanscience has initiated the launch of innovative products on the health and well-being markets and developed its expertise in the fields of Dermo-Cosmetics, Rheumatology, Dentistry, Dermatology, and Cosmetic active ingredients – complementary activities that have evolved in perfect synergy. A brand with a cutting-edge Research & Development center The Research and Development Center (R&D), located on the Epernon site in Eure-et-Loir, is home to the scientific and technical core of Expanscience Laboratories. Over sixty experts work together to develop new and innovative active ingredients of natural origin and safe and effective formulas. A committed brand
Because caring for babies’ skin also means preserving their surroundings, Mustela goes far beyond protecting their skin and also aims to protect their environment. Since 2004, Expanscience Laboratories has incorporated sustainable development into its corporate policy. The Expanscience approach to corporate citizenship is at work at every level of the company, particularly in the environmentally friendly process used to design Mustela products (from supply and production to distribution and disposal).
MustelaBébé skincare products offer:
- Biodegradable foaming cleansers
- A natural patented ingredient produced by a responsible industry
- A complete line of recyclable bottles*
- Tubes containing recycled plastic
· A savings of 24.1 tons of paper/cardboard by eliminating leaflets and select boxes and using less cardboard
· Boxes manufactured with cardboard from sustainably managed forests and printed with plant oil-based inks
Increasingly safe products, from natural origins… Since its beginning, Mustela has been caring for the skin of babies and rises to meet the high expectations of mothers, with even more natural, safe and innovative formulas.
Mustela offers maximum safety that the MustelaBebe products can be used from birth and onwards.
- Hypoallergenic (formulated to minimize the risk of allergic reaction), high tolerance formulas
- Formulas clinically tested under the supervision of dermatologists and pediatricians
- Complete elimination of questionable ingredients: 0% paraben, phenoxyethanol, phthalate, EDTA, genetically modified plant extract, chlorphenesin, alcohol, SLS, etc.
- Naturalness: at least 92% of ingredients are from natural origins, on the average
The 4 Mustela product ranges
1. Mustela® Bébé range- products that are specially formulated for the everyday skin care needs of the naturally delicate skin of newborns, babies and children. Its complete offer is built around the 4 essential routines: hygiene, bath-time, nappy changing and skin care.
2. Mustela® Dermo-Paediatrics range – solution to the specific skin problems suffered by newborns, babies and children:
- Dry skin with eczema: Stelatopia
- Hypersensitive and intolerant skin: Stelaprotect
- Irritated areas: Stelatria
- Nappy rash: Stelactiv
- Cradle cap: Stelaker
3. Mustela® 9 Months range- specially formulated to accompany the changes a woman’s skin undergoes during pregnancy,after giving birth and breastfeeding.
4. Mustela® Sun Protection -protects the delicate,fragile or intolerant skin (atopic, hypersensitive, reactive, etc) of babies and children.
Try out Mustela’s Baby Skin Care Line by Winning this Mustela Skin Care Sampler by joining our raffle :